Tuesday, November 22, 2011
What is next?
So now that graduation is almost here, I have to decide what to do after I graduate. I have a couple ideas. I am planning on staying here in Plano. I will apply to Surg Tech jobs and take the one I think is the best for me. They are opening up a new hospital in May, so there should be plenty of places hiring right when I graduate. The previous graduating classes from our school's program have all been able to find jobs with no problem, so I really don't anticipate trouble getting a job. With my job, I will work full time. I will pay off student loans, build up some savings, and then update and replace some of my stuff that is falling apart (like my clothes and my laptop). I will probably get a car, too. One with good gas mileage. :) I will take a break from academic school work and focus on other goals I have. I want to get back to karate practice. I've only been going once a week, and I want to get back to being at the karate school like 5-6 times a week. I want to spend more time dating, too. I've been trying to spend more time with the young single adult group here, and I've gotten a couple dates, so I am making some progress. If I do all that and still have more time, I will take up some hobbies. I was recently reunited with my violin from middle school, and I can still play it pretty well on a beginner level. I would also like to learn Spanish or Japanese or sign language. After getting some work experience, I will look into going back to school. Most likely i will get into a first assist program, which is a step up from a surg tech. If I can find the right program at the right price, I might work on getting a bachelors degree. (but that was a major reason I chose to be a Surg tech, because I was going to have to pay double tuition for 4 years to get a bachelors). One thing I would consider is BYU-Hawaii. I love Hawaii, and they wouldn't charge me double tuition, and I could get a bachelors from them in under 4 years, if the academic advisor was correct. From there I could move on to a PA program or do the first assist program. I think being a Surg tech meets my wants and needs just fine. My major goals in life don't include having a stellar career. I want to be able to have a good job that meets my needs and some of my wants, but my major goal in life is having a family. So, I need to meet more guys and date more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds like you've got it all figured out :) you are going to e sooooo busy!! Goo luck with this all :)
Post a Comment