
For the last three and a half years, I've had a beautiful blue/green beta fish named Sushi living in a fish bowl on my desk. Thursday morning, when I was about to feed Sushi, I discovered him pale and belly up at the bottom of his aquarium. After a moment of silence, I gave Sushi a burial at sea (*flush*). Even though I had cleaned the fish bowl less than a week ago, it smelled pretty nasty, so I rinsed it out a few times, scrubbed everything inside of it, and then filled it with bleach water and let it soak for a good 60 hours. Crazy as it may sound, the aquarium still reeked of dead fish. Soaking it in bleach had not made a bit of difference. I rinsed everything off again, and pulled out some lemon scented non-bleach disinfecting wipes. Individually, I wiped off the glass bowl, and the glass rocks from the bottom of the bowl, and finally the pink glow-in-the-dark plastic plant. I discovered that the glass bowl and rocks smelled perfectly fine. The stench was only coming from the plastic plant. Even after soaking it in bleach for 60 hours, and then scrubbing it off with a lemon scented disinfecting wipe. It still smelled. I gave up all hope of ever cleaning the pink plastic glow-in-the-dark plant when the thought occurred to me that I could probably buy a new plant for under $5 at Walmart. Probably even a better looking plant. And maybe a new fish.
2 comments:
lol that is hilarious! i do stuff like that all the time!
i used to be real anal about spit up stains on baby undershirts and shout and bleach wouldn't get it out, so i invested in those clorox bleach gel pens- my best friends- but i realize after 3 bucks for the stick and all the time and effort i could have bought a whole new pack for like 4 bucks. frustrating!
Haha Cara! I probably would have done the same thing! We've never had a beta live that long. Love the name Sushi.
OH MY GOSH!! Guess what the word verification is? STEEKIN! So it's spelled wrong, but phonetically says stinkin'.
HAHAHA!!!
Post a Comment