Monday, November 24, 2008
11-24-08
Last week when I went in to get my allergy shot, I got to talking with the lady at the front counter. She said they might be hiring! I am really hoping they are hiring and I am able to get a job there. They have such good people there. It is a big practice, and I think I would learn a lot, but I probably wouldn't get to spend time with patients like i was able to at Dr. Henry's. The name of the person I need to talk to is Elaine. But she was out last week, and she is out again this week. grrr... it is hard to get a job when the person you need to talk to is out of town.
Another interesting thing happened on Saturday. (Saturday was a really boring day, FYI. I spent 12 hours working on a school project! UG!!!) Anyway, Saturday evening I got a call from this guy, John, who says he is my boss. I am like, "um... no... sorry, you are not my boss. I don't have a boss right now..." and then he is like, "I AM your boss. You are on my payroll. That's how I know your name and have your phone number." Then I was like, "You must have the wrong number..." thinking to myself how creepy it was that a guy I don't know would call me up on a Saturday evening and insist I work for him, and it must be some sort of scam. After I hung up the phone, I realized I actually know John. He's not my boss (because I don't have a boss) and I don't know him well, but I do know that his little boy Eric goes to my karate school and that John owns a huge graphic design company. So then I was a little sad. If I had played my cards right, I might have gotten a job this Saturday. He called me and insisted I was on his payroll. I think if this thing at the allergist's office doesn't work out, maybe I will call John back, but I haven't decided yet.
This week is really busy, but I have a lot of stuff to look forward to. Yay! Fios internet! Yay! Cowboys Game! I just have to get past the first half of this week. I accidentally skipped a step on this art project that is due on Wednesday, so tomorrow I will have to go back down to Dallas and visit the museum at SMU (the Meadows) again. It is a great little museum, but I have a lot of other things I want to work on instead, and I would prefer going with friends than all by myself. Again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment